Maybank MALAYSIA Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (4th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by aulia, Apr 3, 2015.

1. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Well, technically he is incorrect, Lin Dan quite literally won the match today.
    But figuratively speaking Jorgensen is quite right, he even says it himself on his facebook page:
    "Not the end I wanted today. Leading 11-5 and 15-11 in third set I had all the chances I needed to win against Lin Dan today. I was also up 17-15 in the second set but couldn't finish it off. Im happy with most part of the game but I need some adjustments before next week. I really had this one in my hand, extra bitter feeling to throw it away like I did today. Well, im off to Singapore tomorrow. No time to look back, now all is about going one or two better next week! Thanks for the amazing support and atmosphere at Putra Stadium today, always a pleasure.
    JAN"

He had the a major lead on the second and third game, and most crucially at 3rd game 15-12, he whacked a sitter into the net 16-12, is a massive difference to 15-13. Obviously it's something that also played on his mind, no doubt.
    He's probably just mad at himself when he said that quote, obviously means no harm between the players when they're quite friendly towards each other.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    When a word such as 'slaughtered' is used in sports just after a match, it much more commonly refers to an individual match. Not a head to head statistic. That's why I had used the singular 'match'.

E.g. Liverpool were slaughtered by Arsenal 4-1

If it had been written 'being slaughtered' after the match had finished, that would have made me think differently. If it had been written 'being slaughtered on head to heads', that would have been the clearest. Luckily, it was clarified after my query which I am quite satisfied with. :D

The head to head needs some catching up with.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

haha, someone finally starts faulting lin dan serve and every one loses their mind.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    His service was mentioned on and off in the past.

6. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
  7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    65k quids per endorsements and 10k quids per appearance. In English parlance thats more than a KP or a Cook draws, but nowhere near what the Kanes, Sterlings and the Hamiltons are earning.

Earlier she has a Rs. 40 crore (£4.2 million) contract with Rhiti Sports Management; MS Dhoni's company. The deal fell through because her team thought she would be over exposed and need to give her training time for commerce. As a rule, outside of twitter, she does no commercial work from Monday to Saturday.

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I understand where that is coming from. After all I deal with that daily on a first hand basis.

9. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    you know the fact is many a times the press projects things in a different angle then they really are and since english is the second most spoken language in almost everywhere in the world so it's easy for people to target what saina is saying in her interviews. .who knows what chinese players or indonesian players or spanish players etc are saying about other players in their interviews so stop bragging about that and as far as i have noticed saina has been very respectful of chinese and other players and have praised the hard work they put in from what i have seen in her recent interviews. .another thing is of course she is a very very good player like there are so many others from various other countries and that is the only reason why she is winning titles and not because of somebody else's injury or absence from the circuit that's what my point is. .i am not here to defend saina's behaviour or whatever but saying an athlete won something because of other players injury or by luck and not because of their hard work doesn't sit well with me.

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Doesn't really matter. Thats other side of the same coin which was putting Saina on a pedestal (yet too high for her) yesterday and shielding her loss.

A win is a win a loss is a loss. Period.
    Don't show up if you are injured. Get ready to be killed if you step up; irrespective of whether you are Atlas from Greek mythology or Ralphie Wiggum from Simpsons.

One should celebrate all wins equally. Injured? In peak physical condition? Doesn't matter. Just win.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To say a player's loss is partly attributed to his/her injury/sickness problems or lack of match fitness coming from a long layoff is to put things in perspective, not so much to give excuses though valid. Of course on record it's either a win or a loss, nobody is disputing that.

At least it gives us an idea what to expect from the players in future meetings. To professional players and coaches , it's always more important to know how a match is played and won/loss than the simple outcome alone as it helps you to assess your training methodology,the respective players' strengths and weaknesses,any improvements or otherwise, and the areas to work on.

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    abysmal ?
    how u can say like that ?

do you know what's happen to susi in LLW's era ?
    max #5 in top ranking
    never won a title even it is SEA games
    even can't win a medal in world championships even when it is held in jakarta

on the contrary, almost the same age with susi (susi was 18 in 1989), Gong zhichao also 19 in susi's era, even without Uber cup and Olympics (huge) points, she can overtake susi in the world ranking, and already win a title, by defeating susi

this is the third time gong beat susi, and look at the draw.
    where is the #2, and where is the #5-8
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=0D6A3F2F-AD8D-49E9-8879-A588F57F4662&draw=3

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    LLW was older than SS. Comparing them is like comparing Lin Dan with Chen Long. Different eras.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As GC is wont to say, LXR played 10 tournaments before her injury in Oct last year and was in the final of every single one, winning four of them, the rest runners-up. That cannot be shabby by any standards,not even when compared to Susi Susanti's for any particular year.

Actually LXR's best performance was in 2012, the London Olympic year, where as GC often said, she had a record-winning streak of 35 of 36 matches won en route to winning the Olympic gold. She was just 21 years old then and today at 24 she is barely mid-way through her career yet, many more years to look forward to her greater achievements, I hope.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Agree.....

BTW where are the Indonesians in this forum?? So much targeting of SS by the Chinese.

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Here's a request to everyone:

LLW could be Li Lingwei or Limited Lifetime Warranty or Malawi's Lilongwe Airport.
    SS could be Susi Susanti or Simon Santoso (or Super Series).

In our posts, let's please use full names (or terms) instead of acronyms at least on the first mention.

It's not because we cannot understand who is being referred to.
    It's because, later, when someone searches for Susi Susanti, your post won't show up to educate them.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Susi Susanti is one of the greatest WS players and highly regarded in China, esp by the older generation. She is the favourite of one popular Chinese commentator , Hong Gang, who never fails to sing her praises whenever the opportunity arises.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Actually Chen Long is in Lin Dan's era, the latter half, that's why he suffers for a number of years in his shadow, only now beginning to come out of it.

20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    China is the only place where she is considered one of the greatest. Everywhere else, there hardly is any debate.