India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

I think QuarterFinal is poorly planned, Instead of sleepy BSP, SV should play MS2 who came close to beating AA earlier, MD2 KPG/Vishnu would have won it, Dhruv is classic pressure puker.

It was very ugly play from SatChi.

arjevo likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

There is a serious need for reordering, KS, BSP, Saina, Sikki/Ahwini doesn't deserve to be funded, Juniors should be given more chances instead. Right now Maisnam is doing well they should focus on him and hone him, players who are on a winning run should be honed one-by-one to raise to the next level. They are not doing anything for Maisnam, Kiran George and PR who won titles recently.

arjevo likes this.
  3. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Arjun and Dhruv pair are very unpredictable. Yesterday, they beat Ben/Sean of England. And other day, they can lose to any IC pair. Sameer too is unpredictable. Not dependable.

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If Sameer is in form he can play well but will still lose 4 straight match points. If he is out of form then he wont play well, he is a bit predictable,
    He may lose to AA but I expect him to fight, may be lose 8 match points in game 3 ;).

DK/MR who? let us not talk about them, where is my mouth wash!!!

arjevo likes this.
  5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
  6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I'd like to see how far the country's top men's singles player can go in Denmark Open.

I don't think we have any top MS player in India, what we have is a bucket of mediocre and a bit better than mediocre bunch atm. LS being young is hopeful of raising from this bunch but the others are hopeless.

Nine Tailed Fox and paroxysmal like this.
  7. paroxysmal

Yes
    I have hopes from Meiraba and Shankar Muthuswamy. But what you say is sadly true to a good extent.

8. paroxysmal

Yes
    Saina got beaten against Aya Ohori. But at least she didn't retire in the second game and completed it for a change. But hey...her hubby decides to retire instead in game 1!

9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Meiraba is good.

Just realized LS will face VA. (On TV court) Hope he gives a good fight like he did on AE.

10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I wonder when was the last time PK played a full match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I guess he wants to keep the track record of losing r1 intact for the rest of ‘21. He hasn’t won a match in all of 2020, and 2021 so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Meiraba plays well. Shankar is so inconsistent. In selection trials, he has beaten Kiran George who eventually topped the trials.
    But on the other hand, he loses to any player.
    I would say his strokes are still junior level. We won't see any result from him in the couple of years. He is 17.
    But Meisnam is amazing. I am rooting for him.
    Now Infosys foundation international tournament is going on. So, let us see who will come on top.

#4352 Baddyforall, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  13. Baddyforall

Once his wife lost, he thought that better to retire and pack your things.

14. Baddyforall

WS talents Malvika and Akarshi kashyap both lost in R16 in the ongoing Infosys foundation international.
    They wont shine at all. The players who beaten them were not familiar to me at all. Anupama and shruti mundada respectively.
    If a player loses to some unknown indian player in R16 in international series tournament, what could we expect from them .

15. Baddyforall

Who is Sidhanth guptha?. He is 18 and defeated kiran George comfortably. 21-19, 21-9

16. Baddyforall

Another talent Anupama upadhyay. She reached finals.
    She is just 16.

17. Baddyforall

Here , there is a match between Malvika vs Anupama 7 months ago.

18. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Raghunath Marisamy beats Mithun wow. Never heard of his name. Didn't hear of Siddhanth Gupta either. Was surprised to see Kiran getting beaten by Siddhanth with that scoreline 2nd game.

Ishaan/Crasto I like them. I hope they win tomorrow. And they need to start participating in more IC level tourneys. I expect Krishna/Vishnu to win tomorrow. Good luck to young brigade tomorrow.

19. Baddyforall

Would you believe it?. 16 year old Anupama Upadhyay wins Infosys foundation international challenge title beating Unnati hooda comfortably.
    Both of them are new to me. Wow.
    There was an interesting article about Anupama Upadhyay

https://www.sportskeeda.com/badmint...rrowly-missing-breaking-saina-nehwal-s-record

Excerpts:

Young Anupama Upadhyaya undeterred by narrowly missing out on breaking Saina Nehwal’s record

Unheralded Anupama Upadhyaya could have broken Saina Nehwal's long-standing record had she converted one of her two match points in the final of the Uganda International Series.

However, Anupama Upadhyaya failed to capitalize on her two match points as Malvika Bansod rallied back to edge past her younger rival 17-21, 25-23, 21-10 in an hour-long summit clash at Kampala on February 28, 2021.

Anupama Upadhyaya was 16 years and 12 days old on that day. Had she managed to grab those two crucial points she would have set a new national record. She would have become the youngest Indian to win the international badminton title in the senior category.

On May 27, 2006, Saina Nehwal had scripted history when she became the first Indian ever to win the women’s singles title of the Philippines Open when Anupama Upadhyaya was just a year old.

The 16-year-old unseeded Indian had shocked seventh seed and world No. 66 Pei Xian Julia Wong of Malaysia 21-15, 22-20 in the final at Pasig City, Manila. Saina was 16 years, two months and ten days old when she won her maiden senior title.

“It would have been great had I broken Saina Nehwal’s record and became the youngest Indian to win the senior international title. I had a chance but could not keep my nerves in control at the crucial junctures. My opponent (Malvika Bansod) was senior to me and ranked much higher to me. She did not allow me to convert my two match points in the extended second game. It was not my day but I don’t regret it. I will get many more chances to win the title in the future,” said Anupama Upadhyaya.

20. Baddyforall

Will she do good in Senior Circuit? Time will tell.
    But i hope she work on her weaknesses very well and be stronger before meeting big girls