Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Anyway, don't know what to feel about yesterday's final...kinda hope they would just play li/liu in the final.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I wouldn't want to be minions yesterday. Winning they'd feel bad. Losing they'd feel worse.

After the Japanese WD in WC and the final yesterday I strongly feel BWF should revise their rule. If Ahsan/Hendra had retired yesterday, would they lose all their points in the tournament or just the points of the final match?

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin acting a bit like big boss in the Final when Gideon didnt play well when he forgot the first 2/3 matches of the tournament, he is the one didnt play well.( especially the return serve where he just gave MatchPoint to the Koreans). Gideon is always so patient.

Hope never have moment like HanChengkai or Hejiting where they always seem to blame the partner for the loss.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What are you talking about? He kept trying to calm Marcus down in G1. With gestures and talks. Serve error, service fault even receiver fault? Each time Kevin was like calm down, bro! Come on be strong.

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

think its in G2 well he looks tough on Gideon . i dont think Gideon is like that when Kevin didnt play well.

It sure wont be easy to be on Kevin next partner haha. Doesnt look like he exudes calm like Hendra do.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What is in G2?

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's just you who wants to keep Kevin as the bad boy. Taunting opponents because he earned more? He is richer than other players? Or whatever else you had posted before.

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin only taunts opponents if opponents taunt him first.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Who is faster doing his grip? Marcus or Kevin?

10. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

He's a bit like LYD in that aspect, don't you think ? though I'm not really a fan of gideon I also gotta admit that he's very patient, never look bothered when his partner doesn't have a good game/keep making error.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They both were asked in the interview before whether they were annoyed if their partners made many errors.
    Kevin admitted sometimes he was. Marcus said no because he usually made many more errors than Kevin.

12. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

13. wade

wade Regular Member

Well at least kevin's gesture is not as bad as in 2015 when he didn't even want to talk to gideon when gideon make so many mistake :D

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Or if he thinks they touched a shuttle. Or if he didn't like their celebration. Or if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Lol he was more a brat back then :D
    He matured a lot.

16. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

He get very sensitive since 2017 if i'm being honest. I remember the match against soh/aaron in japan open, the malaysians didn't even do anything and kevin act like he want to kill them :D

j4ckie likes this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think things that he done has many to do with his childhood , small players , getting bullied , getting back at people. Thats what drive him..

and unless Inoue or Kedren can win more titles than him, then he is the best pound for pound MD player ever. Its hard for small players ( and really 170cm) and below to succeed in badminton.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Lol you and your imagination. Please don't use Kevin as your main character. Pick someone else.

j4ckie likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I thought this is Kevins board .

I certainly dont agree with his thumbs down to ConradKolding after the match. Think what he did on the matches is whatever he wants to do but after the match, i think the thumbs down gesture is the worst thing he had done in his career so far. Its a little bit like LD wanna smash that coach head after the match.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

For clarification, the LD incident happened during the match (not after), when the line judges called a shuttle 'in' that had landed well, well beyond the base line (iirc around 20cm). LD happened to be playing LHI, a Korean, in Korea, in a match that was relevant for the Olympic qualification, and it was not the first strange line call. The umpire didn't overrule any of the miscalls. LD protested and apparently Li Mao yelled something and things escalated a bit from there.
    I haven't heard any source stating LD wanted to smash anyones head in...

Mads Conrads challenged a line call when Kevin thought he had touched the shuttle.