Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 : Round of 16 (26th March 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 25, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks a lot ya

2. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    come on Vivian/Woon don't shame me here...

3. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    meanwhile none of the usual streams are working... still checking

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Ok thank you so much for your efforts here. The match is finally over. I manage to watch the live scores through the bwf website. Although Vivian Hoo / Woon Khe Wei lost the match but I think it is okay. They were actually leading the second set. Sad to see them lose in the second set 21-23. It is okay. I always believe that this particular women doubles in Malaysia has the potential to go far.

Bear in mind that they have upset a few great players before. In German Open they won over a highly ranked Korean women doubles, Lee So Hee / Shin Seung Chan 21-16, 21-7. Then in Asian games both of them again won over Yu Yang / Wang Xiaoli from China.

No worries. I believe they will play better as the tournaments progress. Cheers. :)

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I am dreaming of a mouthwatering clash of Prannoy Vs Lin Dan in the semis. Hoping Prannoy wins again VA tomorrow (and ofcourse Lin Dan too! :p )

Its funny they dont place LD's match on TV court. They really need to set their priorities right!

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Actually.. And I am wondering why isn't CM vs NO on TV..
    I know we all like RI, here in India and she is sponsored by Yonex also. but showing two back to back matches of her instead of the world and AE champ isn't fair..After CM vs NO will surely be the best WS match till now in this tourney!!!
    And CP/JNF will be back on TV court tomorrow (I like CP so no worries)
    They couldn't pit LD's match as the TV court already features two MS(max) if they put one more then it would've been a partiality for other disciplines!!
    VA is also equipped with a machine gun..we saw him firing hard and quick powerful smashes at KS in SO finals!!
    Let's hope all of them win..( SN, KS, HSP, RMV) although I think RMV after a marathon match today against compatriot SV will be tired and hence will tamely surrender to XS(he is on fire)

7. Airos

Airos Regular Member

What I am bothered about most is why was Saina's match today on court 3?
    Not court1, not court2, but court3!!!
    Can you believe it?
    Court 3!!!

I say this because I can't even find any any recordings of her match against Ruthvika Shivani. If anyone can find, please help. Court 2 matches replays are out. But court 3 matches , I can't seem to find them.

Here is an interesting stat - Ruthvika Shivani lost today 16-21,17-21. In the whole of All England, other than Carolina Marin, nobody took more points from Saina than did Ruthvika Shivani here. So why can't we see the match of a promising youngster? I wanted to see how she plays.
    Of course, on the other this also raises the question if Saina was fully fit. But Saina did say that she has recovered from her shoulder injury.

I do wish they had CM vs NO on TV court. But RI vs YX would be interesting too. YX defeated Minatsu Mitani quite easily. Of course we all love RI here and I will be supporting RI. I hope HSP wins against VA. Then we can have a mouth watering clash HSP vs LD in semis.

P.S: I can't seem to find replay of Srikanth vs Kento Momota either! What happened?

#87 Airos, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

This is a nice surprise!!! For once INA WS was able to advance to a Qtr Final of a Super Series. Let's keep finger crossed and best of luck for Hana and Tommy for they are facing Giants Ranked #2 Saina and Ranked #3 Lin Dan.

Gloria/Edi so far has sailed to Qtr Final without facing any higher ranked # pairs and tonight they should prevail again vs. SIN Chayut/Sinta. Praveen/Debby is facing a tougher challenger, CHN Lu Kai/Huang YQ.

Which XD INA ladies can replace Lilyana is still not decided yet.

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

SN has faced unkown players, of quite low rank, and moreover from her home country. I find it natural that the organisors do not put those matches on tv court. Tv is not for the locals, it is for world wide.

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Acutally, I realize what I just wrote is wrong : the first rounds are broadcasted on Indian tv only, so it is for locals. So I suppose Indian players should have been scheduled on tv courts.

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think the reason is stated below.

12. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Watching the game between RI and YX its a classic case of natural talent allowed to play her game v one with just speed and basic technique. Against a tricky player YX' weaknesses is exposed. She should be dropped as a WS participant and give the younger players a chance. The number of unforced errors is unbecoming of a top player. Spare us the frustration please CBA.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yao Xue is a sad case. She is just too temperamental and impatient, always eager to finish her opponents off with fierce attacking shots. While she has quite a strong attack, esp the smash, her defense is weak, full of loopholes. Against a stubborn capable defender who throws everything back at her she will be the first to screw up. And without a sufficiently good defense to deter a strong attacker, such as Intanon yesterday, she is often reduced to passivity and start to make errors in attempting to counterattack prematurely.

Against P Thulasi and Mitani M who are both not very strong offensive players, she could seize the initiative often enough to overpower them. But against a wily, deceptive and powerful attacking player like Intanon, that's a different story. Yao Xue really must learn to construct her rallies better and defend superbly with amazing retrieving ability to force her offensive opponent to think twice before attacking her whilst biding her time to unleash her attacks. That's just my two cents.

Btw, YX is still only a 2nd tier CHN WS player. I'm not sure how long she and Wang ZM can last in the CHN national team. Once the OG cycle begins, CHN players who under-perform will have fewer opportunities to compete in the international circuit, I think.

14. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired

Justin you are too kind. Please tell the CBA to transfer her to doubles where her power msy come in.handy.