Yonex & GJ CHINESE TAIPEI Open GP 2015 (13th-18th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / SCG Thailand Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 20, 2015.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I will be kissing my wife right there too. $3,750 is quite small though. He has to pay 2 tickets from INA to Taipei already costing him about half of the winning money?

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

To be honest and frank of course I felt sad looking at a 32 year old veteran player playing in second tier tournament instead of Denmark open. But then when I think back about it why not since he can win the gold medal in this tournament might as well join it rather than join the Denmark Open and didn't win anything. Smart choice by Sony of course. The match clearly favours Sony to win over Wang Tzu Wei today. But then I must say Wang is also a good player as he had defy all the odds and trashed ihsan to win in the semifinals. Well I salute the organiser for showing a fair play throughout the whole tournament and not favouring their own players to win the match unlike certain organisers which I had better not mention it here to avoid controversy. Congratulations to Sony for winning the match today. As usual the runner up gets usd 1900 and the winner gets usd 3750.

3. wetsvandal

wetsvandal Regular Member

good thing is hopefully starting next year he will get pension money from goverment (still hoping it will be permanent program). for won olympic bronze medal.

10 million rupiah a month or 120 milion per year http://www.kaltimpost.co.id/berita/detail/243074-dana-pensiun-perlu-aturan-jelas.html

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay the WD match has ended. Ir is a tough fought match too. Both the Indonesian and Japanese WD played very well today. Congratulations I would say. However, towards the end of the second set the Japanese WD made a lot of silly mistakes which awarded the winning point to the Indonesian WD. Both pairs refused to give up and fought till the end to win the match. Thankful also to Chinese Taipei for broadcasting this match live which enables us to watch the match live too. Now is the time for prize giving ceremony. The runner up gets usd 1900 and the winner gets usd 3950.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The final match of the day is INA XD vs. the host's XD pair.... it is approximately 3 more hours counting down to the start of Denmark's first Final XD match: TA/LN vs. KSH/KHN.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

It was a wasted opportunity for INA XD to lose the 2nd set :(

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow the match for the XD has finally ended. And then the score itself has proven that if js indeed a tough fought match. Very tough fight indeed. Ronald / Melati won the match 21-18 25-27 21-15. On top of that the second set even went over to play deuce. Chang Ko Chi ks a very good player but then Chang Hsin Tien is not a good player. Chang Ko Chi had to do most of the job. Now is the prize giving ceremony. The runner up gets USD 1900 and the winner gets USD 3950. Wow and indeed what an exciting match. Both pairs played so well. Congratulations to the winners.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

With this also marks the end of the tournament. Once again thank you so much to Chinese Taipei for organising such a good and fair play tournament with no cheating. Throughout the whole tournament fair play can be seen so congratulations.

I don't know what time the Denmark open will start but it just doesn't matter as the time is not suitable at all for Asian viewers as it follows the Denmark time. For the coming French super series Open and also Bitburger Grand Prix Gold I will be missing in action as the match of the timing doesn't suite the Asia viewers time. Plus I need to work too so it is definitely not good for me to stay up late till at night to the wee morning hours just to watch the matches live. I tried doing that and as a result I was too sleepy at my work place kept yawning till I couldn't do anything. See you guys later when it is the Jeonju Victor Grand Prix gold tournament which is exactly 2 weeks from now that follows the Asia time.

#148 blabl, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thank you so much to Chinese Taipei for organising such a good tournament and fair play tournament.

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    the light was too bright. I couldn't see the shuttle. Hope this will change next year.

11. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Forget when was the last time Indonesia bag 4 titles in one tourney. This might be one of the most successful tournament we participate since.. Years ago.

Hopefully INA grab at least one title in Denmark.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, INA ruled TPE GP with 4 titles, youngsters and veteran Kuncoro shine here. The last time that INA shuttlers bagged 4 titles was INA GP Gold last year in Palembang.

Unfortunately, INA camp failed to top podium in highly competitive top tier tounament DEN Premier, hopefully better result in Paris ;)

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, INA ruled TPE GP with 4 titles, youngsters and veteran Kuncoro shine here. The last time that INA shuttlers bagged 4 titles was INA GP Gold last year in Palembang.

Unfortunately, INA camp failed to top podium in highly competitive top tier tounament DEN Premier, hopefully better result in Paris ;)

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

INA can be big winner in this tournament because there is none any CHN representative taking part...

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It would be so expensive to play in Denmark. Plane fees and accomodation costs would be very high. Taipei is so much closer, little time difference and a chance to get a few matches under the belt. It's better than getting a first round defeat in Denmark.

Prize money is not the only incentive. Players have to be tactical in their planning about how to maximise their resources to get the most number of points with the least amount of money. Not being at the top and out of the glamour is tough. I agree that Sony seems to have made a good choice for this tournament.

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The Gold and International tourneys are very important and should receive more light, as they make the circuit more complete and diverse. Thanks for the fans following this one