Victor shoes review [2023]

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sumanth99, Jun 28, 2023.

?

Which shoe

1. P8500 II

50.0%
  2. P9200 III

33.3%
  3. Other (mention below)

16.7%
  1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Seeking review for victor shoes, I have P8500II and P9200III-55 in mind.

Requirements,
    1. Cushioning,
    2. Wide foot, high arch,
    3. Strong grip.

Grip is main requirement along with cushion as our soceity courts aren't maintained properly.

I will be using Dr Scholls athletic insoles.

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The P9200 III is featuring a drop-in midsole.

If the implementation is similar to drop-in midsoles used in basketball shoes, some Kobes and Way of Wade 808 2 for example, you can pretty much forget using insoles inside the P9200-III...

Sumanth99 likes this.
  3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The P9200 III looks like they glued flip flops sole on a sneaker sock. To me it looks so low and close to the ground, I don't trust it that it offers something which is worth to call it a P-series shoe. To me it looks so minimal like badminton shoes in the 1970's.

Actually I'm wearing the P9600. The cushion is top notch, but in terms of grippiness and fit it is the worst shoe out of the P-Series I had (P9200, P9300, P9310, P9500). For me the P9300 is the holy grail. Best grip had the P9500, but it was for me too much. Feels like you are glued to the floor on clean floors. The P9310 is the most roomy of them, so I would recommend to go half a size down on it and the cushion wore down slightly faster for me to this similar foam of the adidas boost shoes on the heal. The P9600 has it as well. The P9300 get re-released and if you ask me the P9200 is nowadays still a great shoe. The only aspect why I prefer the P9300 over the P9200 is that on my both Rio models the inside of the toe box became brittle and the mesh on the left foot broke after some 8-9 month, while I had no issues on two pairs of the P9300. IIRC The toe box of the P9300 was slightly more roomy.

I also wear custom orthopedic insoles and struggle always to get them in any shoes to fit my clumsy feet inside it. Skip the P9600.

rakenrol, Woesi and Sumanth99 like this.
  4. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Currently using P9200II. I tried the P9200III-55 at a local store and it felt like different shoe. Probably the heaviest and clunkiest Victor shoe there is, and not in a good way. I think you will probably need time to adjust to the drop-in midsole. It doesn't feel like it can provide the same support and responsiveness as the traditional one. The P9200II is my favorite shoe and I really hope Victor releases a normal midsole version of the P9200III in the future.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  5. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

which one is the successor to the SH-P9200? from what i saw there's a p9200 that is cheaper with less features and there's p9200II of TTY and the P9200III with the drop insole. also saw on there website P9200 Hang A.

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    You mean the P9200 TD (which is cheaper), right?

The P9200 Hang and Hang A are two new colourway editions of the P9200 with a minor tonque update of the strap for the laces. If you want to get just a second pair I would go for it. There was also a P9210 which I never tried. The real successor was the P9300. The P9200II and P9200III came out later. Especially on the P9200III I have strong doubts that it is close to the P9200. Never tried the P9200II, but @s_mair seems to be a fan of it.

Two posts above I shared my experience with various successors. If this don't help, I recommend to be more precise to help you better. Over time Victor experimented with the size and shape of the carbon plate until they decide the change the whole sole on the P9500, P9600 and P9200III.

rakenrol likes this.
  7. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

thanks for the info.

does anybody have experience with the p9200td? i was thinking of buying it as an alternative pair, then probably get the HangA or p9200II as a main pair. Im really doubtful on the drop insole of the p9200III and wary of getting old stocks of the SH-p9200 since they would probably be more brittle based on experience.

will look into the p9300. i was hesistant at first because it looked a bit heavy and rigid.

ucantseeme likes this.
  8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    @rakenrol I put each of my shoes on a scale. Maybe this helps, but you had the right sense.

P9200: 333g
    P9300: 359g
    P9310: 358g
    P9500: 341g
    P9600: 355g

All shoes without insole and US10 (JP 28 cm)

rakenrol and Sumanth99 like this.
  9. DinB

DinB Regular Member

rakenrol likes this.
  10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    This is P9200 in a new colorway with minor changes (lace loop on the tonque, loop at the heel).

11. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Just received my P9200 III and will be comparing with Yonex Comfort Z3, which is my current shoe.
    Victor SG website is showing P9200III as U-shape 2.5 while Victor Taiwan is marketing the shoe as U-shape 3.0 (Japan 4E wide). I don't consider my feet to be wide, however, U-shape 2.5 is somewhat fitting (Using thick victor sock) whereas U-shape 3.0 will be better for my case. Hence, prior to breaking in this shoe, the front part of the shoe feels a little tight on my feet, especially so for my left.

Length of the shoe remains true to US sizing. I use Sole footbed in my badminton shoe, and I will experience with the original insole from Victor during the break-in period and gauge if I need custom insole for this model as one of the feature of this shoe is the Tri-arch support control.

12. leonjun

leonjun Regular Member

Student
    I don't have the P-series shoes, but I have the A970ACE.
    I would say, the A970ACE is comparable to the popular 65Z3 from Yonex. The sole's grip is almost as good as Yonex sole. The cushioning is quite good, and I haven't experienced any discomfort from the shoes after multiple sessions. A970ACE is a bit heavier than 65Z3 tho, but I don't feel that it impedes my movement speed on court. The shoes is a bit tight fit tho, I have to go up by half a size.
    If you are considering a pair of Victor shoes, maybe you can try this one.

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Does it not the P9200III have a drop-in midsole so you can't use any other insole without removing the cushioning?

14. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Well, it depend on your feet actually. For my case, my current medium custom insole will not be suitable as the total thickness resulted in little room for the front feets.

I reckon the thin insole may be able to fit in without reducing much of the room in the shoe. But I have yet to try it out.

Two session with the Victor insole doesn't cause my feets to be painful. Hence, I believe I may not require any custom insole for this shoe (P9200 III). For other badminton shoes that I have, I can't do without the custom insole.

15. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

i use p9200ii now
    but im interested with yonex shoes like comfort z3 and eclipsion z3
    still dont know what i have to choose

but i've tried eclipsion z2 and 65z3
    they feel like their sole is very very thin compared to victor shoes
    and this makes me consider to buy yonex shoes, but still im still interested XD

16. AraKyra

AraKyra New Member

Any long term review on the P9200 iii - 55? How does it compare to yonex 65z3?

17. yszz89

yszz89 New Member

Have been using the 9500 for around a year and a half, coming from 65Z2 feel that it offers superior comfort (#1 priority to me), stability, and grip. Also got the 9200II around half a year ago and have been rotating that with the 9500 but still prefer the 9500 as it feels like a more solid pair of shoes.

18. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

elishamutang likes this.
  19. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

20. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

ive been wearing p9200ii tty for almost 1 year and i think p9200ii is more comfy than z3 but slower IMO

i already tried z3 and eclipsion z2 and it feels like it has very thin sole, so you will barely feel wearing shoes
    so it depends on your preference of shoes thickness

if you want to compare victor p9200ii with yonex shoes, maybe with comfort/eclipsion not 65z3