Singapore Badminton Open 2008: Day 6, Sunday June 15th (Finals)

Discussion in 'Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008' started by chris-ccc, Jun 14, 2008.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Indonesia and filipino looks the same!

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Malaysian also looks the same.. but i dont think Malaysians can match their intencity.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Madbad, you're making the female BC members annoyed. "That time" or not, still professional wan.

If the post-match interviews are anything to go by, he's not over confident at all. Says there's still much to improve on before Beijing.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In the midst of talk on LCW, Donna Kellog's on court behaviour, perhaps now we can discuss a little bit abt the pair that caused upsets, and no it's not the MD.

THe Thailand young XD pair Songphon/Kunchara catch my eye. They surprised all by beating Limpele/Marissa in Round 1. The blond haired Songphon & MD partner also beat Lars/Jonas later that day.
    Went on to Semis bf they got packed by NOva/Liliyana. Anyone know anything abt them ?
    Songphon played in TC finals I think with the big sized guy.

5. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

the girl Kunchala won the 2008 World University games I believe in both MX and WD

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well maybe that's the only acceptable excuse. They call it mood swings and we had a sample of the bad swing that late afternoon! :p

7. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Songphon has excellent athleticism, similar to Sudket. But didnt hv good defense quality.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

his quality of smash is good..
    but he seldom smash during his game:(

9. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

summary

Highlights:

The Mens doubles were expected that Fuzzy(Fairuz and Zakry) will win. Not much to comment.

The ladies singles were quite good actually. Zou Mi fought neck to neck with Tine...I am surprise Zou Mi can smashed pretty hard and caught Tine by surprise. But Tine's strength and reach won the game. Tine has a habit of touching her soles after every point.

The ladies Doubles...no doubt....the China Smashing Sisters:) simply overpowered their Taiwanese opponents by their hard hitting amortec 900 technique.

Mixed doubles good game...England lose out by Donna's mistakes. Match turned ugly a bit.

Men's singles...as expected LCW to win in straight sets. But a bit humilating to watch in the 2nd set if you are an Indonesian supporter.