Replacement for Victor A920 --> A930D or P9200 III-55 ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by tyler_durden, Feb 15, 2024.

1. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Regular Member

air humidifier
    Hi,

I need some hints for a shoe replacement. My beloved Victor A920 are definitely end of life :-(
    I ordered and received a pair of Victor P9200 III-55 BX for a really good price because in one shop they have been already on sale.

Although I ordered the same size I always buy Victor shoes the P9200 III-55 feels a bit tighter than my A920 and my A920 ACE. Sole construction is completely different compared to A920 which I was aware of but without stepping into myself I could not compare. Feeling is different compared to A920 and A920 ACE but only by walking around in my living room I cannot decide which one is the better on court. I also have doubts because the P9200 III is tighter it might crack earlier at the outer edge.
    Are there any experiences of other members regarding comparison to the construction of the A920 meanwhile?

I could get also a pair of A930 D for a reasonable price. Is that model the direct successor of the A920 and does it have the same behavior because I am not really looking for an improvement, I was happy with the A920 but do not want to have a downgrade.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

P & A is different.
    P for support & A for allround.
    P is stuffier, bulkier, heavier but all that come with better protection & support. For me a huge panda, my feet are so greatfull having the P series. Dont feel any soreness after a hard days of badminton games.
    So does it mean P is slower? Logically yes, but its stability come with confidence for kicking harder & also how sluggish you would become? It just slight heavier, so wont turn you from rabbit into a snail & not to mention TTY also wear this model & she play in the realm of God.

3. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Regular Member

air humidifier
    Thanks for your reply. I sent back the P9200 III because it was to small and went for the A930 C. It has the same sole design as the A920 ACE where Victor already reinforced the sole at the outer edge with a different (harder) material than the rest of the sole. That already gives more support and stability. More I do not need and the size of the shoes is as usual and they fit perfectly in contrast to the P9200 III.
    Not very helpful that dealers do not mention that they are smaller in size.

s_mair likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Measurement wise, probably its the same, but just as P is stuffier inside, it makes us think its smaller.