Looking for stringing machine suggestions.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Chris wadson, Nov 8, 2023.

1. slim416

slim416 Regular Member

That is actually fairly typical or even a bit on the low side of it was used as a full time stringer at a pro shop. Spread over 4 years that approx 6-8 rackets a day (based 5-6 work days a week). Approx 50 pulls per badminton racket job, less for tennis

Price is okay but not great - I am not a big fan of the Protech 8 for badminton; in my opinion it is too big if you are mainly only doing badminton

there is an Alpha Blu DC for sale in Ottawa though - not bad but probably need to get badminton clamps if it doesn’t come with some

2. Chris wadson

Chris wadson Regular Member

Our funding came in, will decide this week. I am leaning towards this model and try and figure out if i may be able to buy a stand in canada(not sure if can modify one) or order in a separate purchase. A lot of the commenters earlier mentioned this motor was superior to the wise.
    https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/S...ter-Deluxe-LE-Electronic-Version-3.html?cur=3

Do you feel a floor stand is a must? Or would a table be fine?

Does anyone know if they ship with north american plugs? I will ask the company directly, but seeing if anyone knows.

#62 Chris wadson, Apr 22, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    akatsuki2104 likes this.
  3. slim416

slim416 Regular Member

I can’t comment on that particular tension head but I been very happy with my wise - had mine for 15+ years now and so far WISE has been very good about servicing and upgrading components on it throughout there years. With any electronic machine you hope there isn’t any issues but when there is, another factor is how easy it is to get warranty / repair work and spare parts - that was certainly a factor for me whe. I got my wise versus a fully electric machine (although I feel better now going with Victor or yonex electric machines give their track record with my friends that used them)

as for the stand, depends on your space and stringing preferences. I only ever had machines with stands and one of the first thing I do when I get them is to add wheels / casters to them so I can move them easily around as needed or for storage.
    People with desktop machines usually put them on a desk or cabinet so their location is more fixed.

The stands for higher end machines also have things like height and tilt adjustment which can be nice if you are a tall person. Also some stands have a reel holder as well. On my current machine, as I am a more casual stringer these days, I have a drafting chair so I can string while seated. Most stringers just string while standing

stands will add to shipping costs though if you are getting them from overseas so that is a factor as well

DarthHowie likes this.
  4. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I share similar opinions as @slim416. The Wise was/is still a work horse of a tensioner (i still have mine for now). Yes it may not pull as fast and is rather loud but it does the job. Despite those small shortcomings it certainly has mass adoption amongst stringers around the world.

As for the new Ennoxx tensioner, it certainly sounds appealing and checks off a lot (if not all) boxes. There certainly is enough buzz and positive review from @s_mair for it to be worth the consideration. His comment that adding the glide-to-activate gripper to the Wise basically evens up the cost with the Ennoxx out of the box. The one thing we're not in control of is longevity and service as it is a relatively new product. In order for the product to gain more market share and have more users it will certainly need a North American distributor, that way it will get in the hands of tennis stringers and hopefully spread further through their respective forums (increases google search results).

Tennisman is certainly taking on that risk to be the first to serve the European market and ship a few to NA.

It's great to see that there are definitely more value options available to DIY stringers.

#64 DarthHowie, Apr 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    slim416, what07 and s_mair like this.
  5. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

Congrats. Keep us posted on how the ordering process goes.

I would love a Stringmaster Deluxe, but for something I'm just starting, I couldn't justify the high outlay cost. As luck would have it, a manual drop-weight AEF machine with upgraded semi-auto clamps made itself available on Marketplace this weekend. It's looks like a Superstringer T12 . Came with all the tooling too (awl, pliers, picks, flush cutters and grommet tools). Definitely will invest more if I like it.

Chris wadson, s_mair and akatsuki2104 like this.
  6. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I happen to see that same posting on FB marketplace. you definitely have a lot of options to mod your machine.

ambsace and s_mair like this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That setup is solid platform to learn and can get you a long way. You can easily add a WISE later on if you feel like stringing really is your thing. Good call to pull the trigger on this offer!

ambsace likes this.
  8. what07

what07 Regular Member

I'm also just starting and decided to just slap on the machine onto my credit card. Was long overdue purchase and felt if I don't buy it now I won't ever.

Funny note the seller also just upgraded to an iTennis machine so she is making room for that and selling off the drop weight XD

9. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

Same here. Basically have been waiting for Tennisman to restock since February. Figure it was time to learn and hopefully deepen my understanding of the sport. Seems like a fun thing to do when I get to retirement age (not for a long time hopefully).

Oh, she didn't mention that when her and I chatted. Glad she upgraded -- the iTennis models look like solid machines. Her volume must be going up because she said that the machine was only 2-3 years old, but she had only strung like 50 racquets on it.

what07 likes this.
  10. Chris wadson

Chris wadson Regular Member

Did your deluxe come with any tools when you ordered? I have quite a few (very old) tools from my old machine but just wondering.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, mine came with a set of tools. Cutter, pliers, load spreaders and an awl afair. Not sure how it is these days though.

Chris wadson likes this.
  12. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Same for me, I've also got a set of tools. Got the Deluxe around August 2022