Jetspeed-CNY (Chinese New Year)?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Fun Uncle, Jan 17, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Been seeing posts on Instagram a lot from the Asian countries about this new Jetspeed CNY racket and the paint/design looks amazing

Saw on the victor website that the specs show it to be quite stiff but I have not yet seen any reviews or content about this racket yet, would love to get some discussion going about this racket

https://ca.victorsport.com/product/107578/jetspeed-chinese-new-year-d

2. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Also interested in a speed racket which is why I’m so curious, would love any thoughts from the community. A bit about me:

- started badminton as a kid with no formal lessons or online teachings and recently picked it up again last few years, terrible habits I need to break still. Would slot myself low intermediate
    - relatively versatile both front and back, smash is not the strongest but I do enjoy it, feel myself shining more with fast intercepts/blocks/drives/stick smashes (but I would like to improve on back court)
    - formal racket journey started off with AS77 (OG) in 3UG4, great racket and flex felt perfect but after long sessions felt slightly tired and defence felt I was a bit slow at times, also wish it was a G5
    - got a BS12 3UG4, love this racket, fast, easy to play, but lacking smash power, need to do multiple smashes to finish point,
    - got interested in a faster racket so dove into a rabbit hole on this community about ARS100X, ARS90kii, BS12SE, JS12ii etc.
    - went to Taiwan and bought 2 new rackets due to great deal. 88dp 4ug5, thought this would feel lighter and faster than my 3u AS77 but surprisingly with more head heaviness it felt a lot heavier to me, I know for most ppl they consider this an easy racket to use but for me and my level on off days or long sessions I do feel weak with this. Halbertec 8000 4ug5, heard great things about this from Ckyew and a few others in community, not strung yet but will try eventually

I shouldn’t buy another racket but I’m riddled with GAS, pls help me find an amazing speed racket! :)

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Victor limited racket are not worth your money if you're looking for the performance per money you've paid. I've reply to post somewhere but this racket does not have pyrofil which all high-end victor racket have so you prob get stuck playing with mid tier victor racket with good paint job while paying high-end price for it. If you like attack-oriented speed racket from victor then Jetspeed S10Q (black gold), 100X or even a TK-FE would be your best bet.

4. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Hey Zoap San great to hear from you again! But darn that sucks, I knew all the Victor One Piece collab rackets were like that too, very disappointing.

Also saw the JS-T1 Pro, have you heard much of this one? https://ca.victorsport.com/product/101613/jetspeed-t1pro-c

I heard the JS10Q is quite stiff which scares me a bit, I think since I already have 2 head heavies (AS77 OG, 88dp) I also wanted to avoid a slightly head heavy like TK-FE and go for a true even to light balance racket.

The 100X (3u) I was gonna pull the trigger on but got scared due to all the breaking issues, would you say that even with the unreliability that 100x (3u) would be better than other speed variants like ARS-HS, 90kii, JS12ii, BS12SE?

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I think they aim for fanboy of some action figure for collection purpose.
    Victor had alot of model for this edition.
    Transformer, Hello Kitty, Dragonballz, One Piece, Starwars.
    For hardcore fanboy, the price is nothing compare to the happiness owning complete set of every stuff about it from simple pillow cover, mug, bag, up to figure model & even a racket.

6. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

T1 Pro are no available in Thailand so no chance for me to try it out, but I like the paint scheme though.

For the current 100X, I think the durability issues are somewhat should be fixed or a lot better. My friend owned 100X 4U for over 6-7 months now and it survived multiple stringing and multiple small crashes no problem. For 3U I think it would be more durable than 4U version I think.

7. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Weird. I have a 4U 100x at 25lbs w/No.1 string. I played 2 nights(4 hours total) and my 100x broke on a smash at 4 o'clock. I'm not sure I liked the feel anyways but it felt like the most flimsy racket I have ever held. Good punch on a drive but the rest I felt lacked.

Just thought it was odd how some scream durability and mine broke with not 1 mishit on the frame and I know of many other people in the same boat. No clashes, all strung below 27lbs and still broke.

8. what07

what07 Regular Member

So I didn't get a chance to play with the JS-CNY yet. But here are some specs / measurements after picking one up and just to give anyone some headsup before buying.

Quite a surprise spec from what I was expecting and this is sampling from a pile of 9, all were around 84g-85g out of the box and felt headheavy.

Mine Spec:
    Strung+plastic wrap oem grip = 86.7g / 320mm
    Strung+overgrip 50/50 up to cone = 85.6g / 323mm

Stiffness = flexy, I would say its below medium stiffness, almost like the ARS-90F, or like the CNY-Tiger, definietly more flexy then my BS12se and other rackets that have the same racket response index from victor >.<

Inner Headsize: 24cm / 18.8cm +- 1mm after stringing with +2 lbs on the crosses, so its a full size head.

9. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Doesn't the JS CNY have a 9/10 rating on the RRI scale? Victor trolling again lol.

10. what07

what07 Regular Member

I'm starting to believe the RRI scale doesn't actually mean stiffness index LOL, e.g ARS-LHJ, 2nd gen TTY power ring, all those had like a 8/10 instead of 7/10 but felt equal or less then other rackets. The shaft does feel very bendable when flexing but during play its quite responsive for successive attacks but not as much as like a 100x and less then my BS12se.

pootisfoib likes this.