Daejeon Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by hikaruseven, Oct 25, 2017.

1. hikaruseven

hikaruseven Regular Member

College student
    Hi guys, could you recommend some club in daejeon near yuseong? thanks a lot

blabl likes this.
  2. event

event Regular Member

Can you be more specific? Yuseong is a huge ward, stretching westward from Mokwon University and both KAIST campuses as far as the city limits? Do you mean in Gungdong or in the hot springs neighbourhood by any chance? To put it another way, the list of clubs in Yuseong-gu is a list of 18 clubs, in 14 different dongs.

hikaruseven and blabl like this.
  3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@hikaruseven

Sorry for the late reply here. Anyway there is a website about living in Daejeon. In this website, sports complexes for citizens are listed in detail here. Most of the sports complexes have badminton courts available so you can play badminton there. Do check it out at the website below here :

http://www.livingindaejeon.or.kr/en/sub04/sub040905.php

hikaruseven likes this.
  4. event

event Regular Member

That's not a bad list. Only two of those - Jinjam and Gujeug - are in Yuseong-gu and sort of at opposite ends of the ward. But if you happen to be on the border somewhere, Dosol, Seogu, and Namseon might not be too far away. The first four on the list are the opposite side of the city so you can ignore them. The Badmintontimes list might have a club in a school closer to you but we'd need to know approximately where that is or have someone local look at the list for you.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks for your compliment. Thank you very much for always being ready there to help those people who wanted to play badminton in Korea. I really appreciate all the efforts that you have put in here since 2005 to guide people who wanted to play badminton in Korea. Keep up the good work. :)

hikaruseven likes this.
  6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@hikaruseven

Hope you have found a nice place to play badminton in Daejeon, South Korea. Cheers and have a nice day. :)

hikaruseven likes this.
  7. hikaruseven

College student
    Sorry for the late reply @blabl , @event and thanks you for the great information. I am currently studying in KAIST, so maybe near KAIST. But i have bike and would love to go around by using it. So far i am joining the international club inside the campus. I would like to play with the koreans too, that's why i want to try to play outside of KAIST. Is it possible that the outside club allow the foreigner to play together? thanks you guys!

blabl likes this.
  8. event

event Regular Member

Well, the advantage to the gyms at the link blabl shared is that the general public, including foreigners, are allowed in and many charge a per-visit fee although perhaps not all do. The cost is often subsidised, so you can sometimes end up paying as little as 1000 won or 1500 won per visit. Again, it depends on the facility and on the municipality. All such gyms have multiple clubs operating within but you can decide for yourself whether to join and not joining a club doesn't mean you can't enter the gym and play. It's just easier to get people to play with you if you join one of the clubs, the fees of which usually go to social events rather than sport. If you play at a school, your club fees will help cover the cost of renting the school gym but that's not true at a municipal facility.

Dosol is not too far from you but it is 7km from the KAIST main building so it's a bit of a hike. Namseon is only 6km and is likely the closest to you from the list of public gyms. If you mean bicycle, you might like this one because much of the distance can be covered via the riverside bike paths.

From the Badmintontimes list, #13 plays at Eoeun Elementary School, which is quite close to you. #1 is at the Daedeok Research Centre or whatever it's called, just east of Expo. 3 courts and I find it hard to believe the public could access it but I'm not sure.

Actually, one of the closest might be #1 on this list. That club plays at the Galma Dong Olympic Memorial Training Centre or something. It's about 3km from you. It says they play in the morning but you can visit the gym to see if there are other times. On the same list, #3 plays at Baekun Gymnasium, which is about 5km from KAIST. That also might be a public facility. I haven't been there.

On the other hand, if you are actually at that other KAIST campus, Munji, then the Jinjam gym will be closest to you. Good luck.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thank you very much for your lengthy explanation here. Greatly appreciate it. Thank you. :)

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@hikaruseven

I think and guess you must have been a foreigner studying in Korea. Anyway enjoy your stay in Korea and hope you get to play good quality badminton in Korea. :)

From time to time I will also keep you updated with places you can play badminton in Korea. :)

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@hikaruseven

Anyway welcome to Korea. Korea is indeed a very nice place. I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay in Korea. Anything don't hesitate to ask me. I will try my level best to help you. :)

hikaruseven likes this.
  12. hikaruseven

College student
    @event yes i am in the main campus. Thank you very much for your suggestion. So far i am still playing within the campus club (mostly foreigner) because the korean club usually need us to speak korean quite well i guess and i am still bad at it xD. @blabl thanks you so much sir. yes indeed, i already stayed for almost 2 years now haha.

blabl likes this.
  13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

If you want to learn Hangul I can give you free lessons. But this is Korean culture here. Everyone speaks in Korean language and write in Hangul. But at the same time Koreans can also speak English. So I think it should be okay for you to communicate with the Koreans. Hope you really can get to master and learn how to speak in Korean. There are so many nice Kpop songs and also nice Korean dramas. Ah how I miss the nice Korean song Yaksok sang by Ryu Shi Won which is the team song for the Korean Drama Beautiful Days. Then till today I still miss my best Korean Drama Beautiful Days and Something about 1 %. Anyway sorry for being off topic here. But hi hi one must really know Korean language well to be able to enjoy Korean songs and Korean dramas. :p:D

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@hikaruseven

This post may seem as being off topic but I will send 2 video clips to you about the nice Korean song Yaksok sang by Ryu Shi Won in Korean and Japanese language. Hope you will enjoy it. Both are my favorite songs till today and I sing them on daily basis. Hi hi. :p:D

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

18. hikaruseven

College student
    Thanks you so much @blabl ! Unfortunately its in seoul kkkkk, This saturday i will have an in-house competition hopefully i could give my best xD

blabl likes this.
  19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Good and hope you can win the competition. :)

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@hikaruseven

It is okay. If you so happen to go to Seoul then this are the places that you can look out to play badminton. Cheers. :)

hikaruseven likes this.