Bitburger Luxembourg Open 2006: Day 1 (25/10)

Discussion in 'Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006' started by badMania, Oct 24, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hendra is Hendri's younger brother. The same goes for Shinta Mulya Sari (their younger sister). I have also met their father (Pak Sugeng) and their youngest brother (just primary school) while watching the Singapore Satelitte 2006.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..

ok, i see, i see...it's too bad that all the siblings are not playing together for the same country/national team, but i guess that's just the way it is...:p...
    btw, anyone know, what are the age differences between the 3 older boys, Shinta and the youngest boy??..
    wow, the whole family, at least the kids(5 of them), are all into badminton...haha..:D and i wonder if their youngest brother also plays baddie or not??..:rolleyes: :p :D :cool:

#22 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  3. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Hendri and Wandri were born in 81, Hendra 85, Shinta 87(not too sure)...
    They have another 3-4 siblings in indonesia :):):)

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's a one big happy family :D

And YES, the youngest brother is recruited to play badminton for a secondary school. I believe it's Montford, which is pretty famous for badmintion.

5. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

no need to close Pelatnas, I just interested to watch some badminton tournament that held in Jakarta, especially to watch upcoming players.

I didn't concern to some Taufik's case (exception case with Wynne Prakusya, as Wynne's fan I was so angry to him he. he.). As I knew it was happened after PBSI (before Chairul Tanjung's era, maybe Subagyo HS) decided reshufle coach in Pelatnas Mulyo Handoyo, Agus Dwi Santoso, Liang Chu Sia were out Mulyo moved to Singapore then, that why Taufik want to move there too. In Chairul's era, PBSI lobying to SIN Badminton Association and Mulyo. Finally Mulyo & Taufik back to Pelatnas.

About recruitment, I'm agree for MD players but not for WS. The standard of MD was high at that time, much good players in there. Deny/Dony were eliminated then, much better players for next generation (Markis, Hendra AP, Alvent, Hendra Setiawan, Joko Riyadi etc). But I wasn't agree with strict quote in every category and they also gave same number for age 19+ :eek: . They should decide depend on player's quality and the projection in future.
    If no enough quality players, PBSI should keep blank, no addition player. Otherwise 2 players who has almost same level, they should recruited 2 instead of 1.

#25 Sandy, Oct 27, 2006
  6. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

If you meet Judith Meulendijks, you can ask her. They ever training together in Tangkas when Junior.

Chung Siang from Bali and trained in Tangkas. She has made domination in U-15 event and had tough rivalry with Atu Rosalina when junior. PBSI recruited Atu and one 21 y.o player at that time. The talent scouter should be independent person not prefer to choose the players from his club or province.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Off topic:
    Ahh...I didn't know you are Wynne's fan :D
    Too bad she has decided to retire from professional tennis. Seems like the Asian Games gold tradition long held by the Indonesian women's tennis team will not continue this year....unless Angie, Sandy (the tennis player..hehe), and Romana perform!

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Thanks...if she's from Tangkas...then she has high chance of being in Pelatnas?

9. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

who is chief of talent scouter in that time ?
    I hoped she was selected for next year or next time but she was disappeared then, then another Tangkas player was in Mona Santoso.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Sandy, thanks much for your input and shedding a bit more light to that Pelatnas time period..;) :cool:

#30 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2006
  11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic - Ah-hah...wow...

...wow, so that's how the story goes...and isn't it funny, you guys know what, Mona Santoso is currently playing and coaching near "my backyard", as she is now in L.A...hehehe;):rolleyes: see this link for more infos:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37220
    ...Maybe i can ask her who the chief talent evaluator was before she got in to Pelatnas..Or perhaps even our friend, DinkAlot, can surely attest and confirm that..;):p :D

#31 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2006
  12. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

ok, also ask her where is Chung Siang now or after left from Tangkas. :cool:
    I think she knew it since came from same club, I am courious about it. :D

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic - Just for Sandy...

..ok, got it, Sandy....Dan, you got that also?? maybe you can reach and ask her quicker than me, since you're also training with her..hehe;):) :D :cool:

14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yup, Hendri and Hendra are brothers in real life. Shinta told me they are 9 siblings and all playing badminton.

Shinta was born 14-06-88. She said a lot of people don't know that they are from the same family, cuz they have different surnames.

#34 yannie, Feb 13, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2007