2006 China Open Final (Oct 22)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by DoublesPlayer, Oct 21, 2006.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Congrats to young Indonesian pair!!! Too bad I missed it, had to go shopping for our coming festival. Very glad China didn't win everything on home soil.

Kido is indeed of the same mould as Yap Kim Hock, Ng Boon Bee, Ade Candra, all of which lack height but possess great firepower.

Looks like Cai/Fu haven't really arrived yet. Two losses (one on home ground) immediately after bagging the world title isn't normal in a champion's resume. And being that much more experienced, I would have expected them to learn to adapt to the fast drive style. How many pairs have used the same tactics against them these past 4 years? CTF/LWW, Jonas/Lars, Tony/Candra, Eriksen/Lundgaard, KKK/CCM, the list is endless ... ...

Surely the Chinese coaches have noticed this?

#221 abedeng, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  2. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I can't believe FHF/CY lost in home ground :eek: :crying: but credits to the INA pairs ;) :p

3. Baderz_Jas

:D well done Zhang Ning :D she is still amazing... ;) :D

4. Baderz_Jas

also well done to XZB/ZYW for winning the XD! :D
    and Yang/Zhang for winning WD! :D
    China only won 4 events in the home ground...:crying: ;) :D jia you

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I will post my thoughts and adventure with most of the INA players and coach (Ko Herry IP, Luluk&Alvent, Kido&Hendra) in GZ yesterday in another thread either later today or tomorrow :D Anyway, INA has WON the men's doubles title in China Open for THREE YEARS IN A ROW!

As for young pairs, don't worry, there's some upcoming pairs which u will definitely see in the near future. Ko Herry has already mentioned to me that Hendra A.G./Joko Riyadi have been promoted to the main team. They will see actions in the European circuit beginning on Wednesday this week. They are also in the "shadow squad" for the Sudirman Cup next year.

As for the second team, the pairs are: Yoga Ukikasah/Yonathan Suryamata Dasuki (Yoga/Yoke as he calls them :D), Frans Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya (Renda is Candra's younger brother), and Mohd Aksan/Bona Septano (Bona is Kido's younger brother).

Luluk/Alvent, Kido/Hendra & Taufik have all flown to Changsha this morning. There will be no coach accompanying them as Ko Herry flied back to Jakarta this afternoon and should have arrived. No expectation also on the World Cup since all expenses are paid for by the organizing committee. In addition, each player also received a fixed appearance fee (I won't disclose the sum...but its very good :D) plus bonus money if they reach at least the semi-finals. So, it's practically a week for the INA players to rake as much money as possible since it's Hari Raya time...