Is the LDF more powerful than the ZF2?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by creeperwalrus9, Dec 1, 2022.

1. creeperwalrus9

creeperwalrus9 New Member

I *think* I have the technique to use the ZF2 but I have seen other people say that the LDF is more powerful. Which can generate more power on a full power smash

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

ZF are super stiff.
    If you are as good as what you claim, it definitely hit harder. Stiffer shaft harder to bend but if one able to bend it then it definitely snap back even harder which resulting even harder hitting.
    But for majority of people, they didnt train like a pros & had no strength for it thus using ZF would end up with no snap back which mean lower power. Other hand LDF that are more flex are easier to use so it create illusion of hitting harder.

WhiteStringJunkie and pootisfoib like this.
  3. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

ZF2 has greater potential for power/higher ceiling due to compact head + stiff shaft + very HH

LDF has easier power access because it is less stiff, less HH and bigger head

There is typically a trade-off between access-to-power and power ceiling

The average shot from the majority of players is therefore probably more powerful with LDF because, relative to ZF2, it is easier to play with

4. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

I owned a pair of both models before. VTZF2 is much more powerful than LDF

Woesi likes this.