new thread old thread

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by kinoko, Jul 5, 2009.

1. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

I dont know where this gonna go but i think ive seen enough young blood all yelled to use the search button whenever a topic has been covered in old thread.. fair enough... but lets say... whats gonna happen when all the topic has been covered?.... no more new thread?... correct me if im wrong but i think from time to time we have more and more new members which can give or contribute a credible information where we did not cover in the old post.

eg - the such tread on how to improve smash power etc2, yes its been covered but perhaps in 3 4 5years time theres a new awesome method of training, so do we all have to dig up the old post? well just wondering:confused:. TA

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    If a new thread poses a yet unanswered question like "What diet will help me smash better?", it qualifies to stay and be answered by generous members.

If a new thread poses a generic question like "How to improve smash?" (see this thread), it contributes nothing to the purpose of this forum. And, yes, a simple search would reveal an abundance of answers to such a query.

Worse, such empty threads turn up as 'false leads' when someone later searches for information on a 'smash', be it on an external search engine or within the forum's own search engine.

3. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

i agree to a certain extent... this is a discussion forum, so the aim is to generate discussion and feed back. if most answers can be found by searching for it, why not just create a "badminton wiki" and be done with it?

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    That's a good idea.
    How about you do it? :)

5. baskar

baskar New Member

Engineer
    how to create the new thread??