Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

and she'll be back to WR#1 next week, right?
    I was laughing so hard hearing that lol

So, they don't give medals but silver plates and golden trophies now, after last year's weird (for me) flower crown. :p

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yup, TTY is back being WR#1. Still a bit disappointed that she lost today.. but she seemed to struggle since yesterday against CYF.

Lol still remember Ginting with his flower crown

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I feel sorry for minions. They won the tournament, yet they can't really celebrate their victory like usual just because their opponents in the final happened to be their seniors and "legends" respected by all. They had fought hard and won their hardest match in R2 against Choi/Seo and all. They deserved to be happy and proud. Yet somehow, their victory was toned down a great deal by Ahsan's injury.

I don't want to sound disrespectful toward Ahsan/Hendra, but I feel that once every players on court, status shouldn't matter. Everyone is equal, regardless their status, injury or health condition. Minions should treat them like any other opponents (injured or not) like they usually would. Being sympathy is one thing but when you are on court, you need to focus on your game only.

If minions lost today (as they almost did if they were not careful) I will be much much more worried about Marcus. He seemed to be conflicted, nervous and lost his usual high spirited self since the beginning of the match, Kevin had to calm him down and to encourage him many times. If he can't hold himself well in this kind of situation, he won't survive in major tournaments. No one can know what will happen in the future.
    On a positive note, I am quite happy to see that Kevin seemed to be much in control of himself most of the time, so seems like he can handle any unexpected events better than his partner. He also responded well to unexpected turns during a match.

Overall I am not happy with minions performance until G3 when they finally become their normal self and sort of came alive. Marcus here reminded me of him in G3 back in WC. Shouting excessively to keep himself encouraged and focused. :cool: Well, whatever it takes I suppose.

rhoder likes this.
  4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, I havent enjoyed their SS Final win since the one @Fuzhou against He/Tan. Maybe because their Final has been quite easy ( while their earlier rounds are usually much harder)

Who would have thought MP down in R2 and end up Champion. Cant always script it that way.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon for yet another title at a Level 1000 tourney!
    With this title in the bag, they have won both the China Open (Super 1000, first title) & Fuzhou China Open (Super 750, usually in November, which they have won 3x).

So, they have won ALL the Super 1000 titles - All-England 2017-18; Indonesia Open 2018-19, China Open 2019.

For the Super 750 tourneys, they have won the Malaysia Open 2017 (under the previous format ), Japan Open 2017-19, Denmark Open 2018, and Fuzhou China Open 2016-18. Left only the French Open to win (runner-up last year).

For the Super 500 tourneys, they have won the Malaysian Masters 2019 (and 1 more in 2016 under previous GPG format), Indonesia Masters 2018-19, India Open 2016-18, and Hong Kong Open 2017-18. Left only the Singapore Open, Thailand Open, and Korea Open (see if they can win it next week).

The only grouse indeed is the fact that they have not won any World Championships title! That will be a long wait as the next edition will only be in 2021!

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Why Boomerang? What does it mean here?

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

[​IMG]
    (China Open 2019) Kevin/Marcus Won China Open

Marcus : I played terribly today, it could be the opponent's pace or the drift as the shuttles seemed to wobble in the air so I couldn't smash them comfortably. They are very experienced, even Ahsan could get to final with his unfit condition.

Kevin : We had to be more daring in the third game. We were quite indecisive with our shots in the first two games. We played more aggressively in the third game while keeping our own pace.

Marcus : We are very happy to win the title here as we couldn't win it last year. We are very grateful with this blessing.

Source : https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8429

-After the match -

[​IMG]

#4787 yuquall, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    ma.ria likes this.
  8. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Nothing wrong with the way they celebrated on court today. It was pretty much needed; they were tight, and the match wasnt going as smooth as they expected it to be.
    I felt more relieved after hearing them more expressive in celebrating/shouting in G3, meaning they started seeing the chance to improve their game.

It's overall a good comeback for them after that memorable WC; beating korean pair & winning another s1000 title.
    I think gideon was quite solid during the tournament, except for today's match. He was shaken a little bit in G1. And kevin got better after every rounds; his net plays at SF yesterday were impressive. He was also reliable to help Gideon from the back.

My only notes,
    For gideon: to improve more his attacking skills (power, placement, variation, anticipation of the return);
    For kevin: to not easily get annoyed by gideon's errors :D

Once again, congrats minions!
    And good luck at Korea open

KRRacing likes this.
  9. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Boomerang is an app developed by Instagram that lets you create short, dynamic videos that you can share on Instagram (or other social networks) like you normally would.

yuquall likes this.
  10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

For someone with 23SS , The WC is just 1 title , ChinaOpen is also just 1 title. It is also damn nice to win in China's home ^_* , to win 3 times in 4 years when the home team has not win 18 years, what can i say . But one doesnt have to cover the other tournament.

next is KoreaO , gotta play against 2 Malaysia Pair in 1st 2 rounds. Will they survive?

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ah, thanks.
    I don't have social networks account so I am not aware of the highly advanced things:oops:

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's a slow hall in Korea. Could be a tough one.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Is this the same hall as 2 years ago? I think its not the same hall as last year right?

I hope not. The pairs they met, till QF should not be good defensively. Only Endo and Choi/Seo quite good in defending.

14. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    They lost to Boe/Mo at Korea Open Final 2017, no?

Minions lost 3 consecutive times against them at that point (all in 3 games), one of the Danes then posted a tweet about giving a free advise how to defeat minions:D. The next week they met again in Semifinal Japan Open and minions got their revenge.

From that point, Minions never lost again to the Danes until they disbanded last year.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think it was Boe who posted it. Well, we have them to thank for Kevin's rapid and growing improvement as an all round player lol

Though I thought Kevin just had a bad shoulder injury around IO too that year?

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Got to thank Boe for that.

However, they almost lost to ConradKolding at IO last year(incidentally thats the last time they got past R1 after 6 straights R1 exit) , and BoeMo @ HKO. Its always and end up being Champion. Against ChaiHong 2016CO, LiLiu 2017MO & this tournament. Can say at least 5 tournaments they won, they save it from the death.

17. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Jia's comments to...?

19. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Kevin's instagram post I think

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ah.. :D
    I guess she must have meant how to play badminton? Google mistranslation?:p