Is it still really difficult to book a good badminton court in Singapore ?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by mohit.2k1, Mar 4, 2019.

1. mohit.2k1

mohit.2k1 New Member

Hi All,

With an increasing number of indoor courts, is it still difficult to find and book courts in Singapore ?

Is there a way one can get courts in urgency ?

2. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    With an increasing number of indoor courts, is it still difficult to find and book courts in Singapore ?
    Problem is the new facilities "the higher powers" make available are normally on the weekends - Sat 3pm-9pm & Sun 9/10am-9pm.

There is a REAL shortage of courts during weekdays.

To compound the problem, many schools initially put into ACTIVESG are never available aka see no touch scenario(s).

Is there a way one can get courts in urgency ?
    Either pay thru the nose and buy from the "full-time pro bookers", or, play in the open air courts in HDB estates

3. 14players

14players Regular Member

Engineer
    If you are referring to weekdays evening, yes it is extremely difficult to book Courts. Most are gone by 7.01am. Especially 7-9pm ones on weekdays.
    I have been trying to get a 2 hour Court for a very Long time.
    Earlier I have suggested to the Authorities to make the Peak Hour (6-10pm) into a 2 hour per slot, Eg. 6-8pm & 8-10pm, so that the facilities is fully utilised.
    If a player book 7-9pm. That will leave 6-7pm or 9-10pm Court empty.
    Authorities should look at how Courts are fully utilised for players. Especially those want to play with his own regular players.
    Weekends is easier as some married players prefer spend time with family. many foreigners take advantage of it.
    ...my 2 cents opinion.

Sealman likes this.
  4. mr mike

mr mike Regular Member

Machinist
    yes, regular getting court are diff. for those ok to help each other booking court can whatsapp me to discuss hp: 97361810,meaning if somebody help me booking court on my regular day, i will help back to him / her to get their court .

5. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    It also depends on which area u are looking for. Some estates are impossible. Recently someone launch 2 courts at Changi Industrial area in a warehouse similar to those in Malaysia. Due to price and location maybe less competitive to get?

Also you need to take into account ppl booking the courts for commercial training. There are also in the same pool.

So either u go out of the way if not just join others. Nowdays with apps joining a game is not difficult.

I've given up and gone this route. Well ur regular kaki will see some members leave but is survival of the fastest fingers on the best network!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Also many ppl will book what ever courts they can. No players nvm cos most of the time will have. Because the maths is as such. 2hrs 3 courts with shuttles.

24 pax @ $8 each = $192
    Court booking =($8×2)×3 =$48
    Shuttles 2 tube =$50
    192 - 48 - 50 = $94

So ppl will book all they can. So ur chance will be?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk